See the bottom part of this page for a general overview, or the articles below for specific topics.
EIM Documents and Guides
Video available for this topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLwC7T6rGMQ
The EMIT Interface Module (EIM) provides an 8” touchscreen display and communication hub for any one module, or multiple modules, connected to the Controller Area Network (CAN) of the EIM. Modules connected to the EIM will automatically populate as buttons on the System Menu screen (Pg. 0) of the display. Selecting any of the module buttons allows for direct interaction with the respective module.
Other functions not directly related to module interaction include the system run signal trigger, security passwords and access, timer management, alarms, date and time, sensor data logging, and MODBUS communications.
The enclosure of the EIM was designed to be installed either externally using the faceplate and the base or within a panel using only the faceplate. If mounting externally, the EIM can accommodate the mounting of any one module within the base of the enclosure.
- 12 – 30VDC power supply input range
- 10 Watts maximum consumption
- Temperature: -40°C to +65°C (-40°F to 149°F)
- Humidity: 0% - 90%, non-condensing
- Controller Area Network (CAN) network for access to additional EMIT ETS modules
- USB host for datalog access and software updates
- RS-485 half-duplex MODBUS RTU